Home Wiki Blog Forum GEXF.net

Gephi forums

Community support

[SOLVED] Graph window stalling in Windows 7

Once it's running

[SOLVED] Graph window stalling in Windows 7

Postby biofaust » 28 Oct 2013 14:22

Upon opening any file (provided datasets, files from Adamic's SNA course or GetNet generated Facebook graphs), right after loading the data the graph window, which is surely open and appears to have the icons at the side and bottom, stays gray and upon hovering over it with the mouse, the Windows 7 loading icon (blue ball of death) is shown.

The other windows all work and display properly. The program works on the data and delivers consistent data that are properly visualized in the preview window. Also all Layouts, Rankings and Partitions are properly visualized.

The machine I am working on is a HP Laptop with i7@2GHz Intel Processor, ATI Radeon HD6770m, 8 GB of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, Java 7 Update 45 (build 1.7.0_45-b18) installed.
biofaust

Re: Graph window stalling in Windows 7

Postby biofaust » 28 Oct 2013 17:41

I seem to have partly solved it.

The solution is maybe uninformative for who has not a switchable graphics laptop like mine, but anyway:
I just had to switch from my Intel Graphics HD 3000 to my ATI Radeon through the setting that can be accessed right-clicking on the desktop.
Most probably some of the graphics libraries used for the visualization don't work with the driver for the Intel Chipset that I have installed on my PC at the moment.

If anyone can provide more information about why this could have happened, I'll be happy to take note.
biofaust

Return to How-To and Troubleshooting