Home Wiki Blog Forum GEXF.net

Gephi forums

Community support

Hi! Can you help with a visualization, please?

Once it's running

Hi! Can you help with a visualization, please?

Postby JamesWlf » 10 Nov 2013 21:32

Hi.

It's my second time playing with Gephi. It's a great software, thanks. I'm a student of philosophy and I'm writing a little scholarly work. I'm using this method to at least partially support it, and it involves stemming a text, then turning it into a graph, then scaling the nodes by betweenness centrality, and detecting communities through modularity: http://noduslabs.com/publications/Pathw ... alysis.pdf

I've already created my graph and it looks beautiful. It has 2779 nodes and 35185 edges, but I have several questions and I really hope you can help me.

1) How can I isolate a community or a group of nodes with certain characteristics, for example, "all the nodes that connect to another node up to the fifth 'degree'"?
2) Probably same that the last question, but how can I eliminate temporarily (as in hiding) certain nodes, "all the nodes from certain community(ies)" or "all the nodes below a certain degree". And how can I delete them permanently?

3) And is there a better way to isolate communities and oreder the info than Hive Plot? I've tried circular layout but I don't get the desired results. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :S
JamesWlf

Re: Hi! Can you help with a visualization, please?

Postby JamesWlf » 10 Nov 2013 21:45

Actually I don't think I understand how Hive plot works (or it has bugs). I'm trying to assign communities in the axis(Modularity) and then order those axis by betweenness centrality, but I get weird results every time.
JamesWlf

Return to How-To and Troubleshooting